Excel is one of the most common business productivity tools. There are a few short cuts that might help you maximize your productivity with this application. While most people use the mouse with their excel, using the keyboard key strokes and save time and simplify some process for you.
CTRL Z or UNDO is a very important key stroke combination because many times we wipe out content of a cell unintentionally. CTRL Z will allow you undo a deleted a cell content.
CTRL Y or REDO is another impressive key stroke combination because it will REDO whatever was inside you a cell last in any specific cell.
CTRL S is a very good key combination. This will save the content of your excel sheet. It is always a good practice to save your work.
There are 2 other key combination that is very helpful in using excel more efficiently those are CTRL C (copy command) and CTRL X which is cut and CTRL V allows you to paste whatever you have in memory to the current cell. These are very important short cuts every excel user can use to become more efficient and productive with excel. To learn more about all of our business productivity and training courses please see our services section or click here
Goal of every employee in a business is to work hard and make supervisor happy about the daily performance at work. Our research shows that distraction is one of the most common reasons for lack of productivity, So here are some simple things you can to minimize distraction at your desk.
1. Remove plants, greeting cards from your desk.
2. Avoid multi-tasking. Stay focus on one task at time. Here is a more productive way to perform multiple tasks. Setup a time limit for each task and perform that task for the specific amount of time for example 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, stop this task and start on task number two. This will help you stay focused on one task and not get distracted.
3. Limit amount of time you spend on each email. If an email requires more than 2-3 minutes to respond, push it to the site and take care of it later time of the day.
4. Take several short breaks during the work day. Study shows looking constantly without a break on a computer screen will make your tired and less productive. During these short breaks take a walk or stand up and go away from your computer screen.
5. Write a to do list for the next day before you complete your day. This will help you start your next day completely focused on tasks at hand.
These are just a few quick tips on how to become more productive at work. To learn more about our business productivity and training courses please see our services section or click here.